I made an impromptu poetry packet for my students today, and thought I might share it here in case a packet of poetry might help you cope a bit better today.
The packet includes:
- Let America be America Again by Langston Hughes
- The Second Coming by William Butler Yeats
- Imperatives for Carrying On in the Aftermath by Natasha Trethewey
- Dear White America by Danez Smith
- Demolition Day by Jane Wong
- Song by Brigit Pegeen Kelly
- Home by Warsan Shire
- All They Want Is My Money My Pussy My Blood by Morgan Parker
- Poem about My Rights by June Jordan
- Good Bones by Maggie Smith
- Do not go gentle into that good night by Dylan Thomas
Click the link below to download a PDF of the packet.
And if you have other poems you’d like to share, or anything else really, both Enclave and Entropy are here as spaces for you to share anything. Please email me directly if you have something you want to share. If it is time-sensitive, I’ll do my best to share ASAP. (firstname.lastname@example.org)